Updated by Alex Fornuto
Get published by Linode, and get paid! Earn $100 per article, if it’s accepted for publication.
We’re expanding the Linode Guides & Tutorials, and we want you to help! If you like writing, teaching people how to use Linux, and money, we want to hear from you. The guidelines are below.
Submit your own topic, or choose from the list of open topics we want to add to the Linode Library:
Each article is worth $100 if it is accepted for publication. In addition, we always welcome edits, suggestions, and updates to existing guides.
These authors got their articles published and $100. You could be next.
- Varnish Cache - Kevin Cupp
- Pflogsumm - Robert Accettura
- SSH Tunnel with SOCKS Proxy - Arnaldo Ariel Arrieta
- Basic NFS Configuration on Debian 7 - Juan Traverso
- Configure Postfix to Send Mail Using an External SMTP Server - Santiago Ti
- MariaDB Setup on Debian 7 - Nashruddin Amin
- Running Apache with PHP-FPM on Debian and Ubuntu - Jesin A.
- Using WeeChat for Internet Relay Chat - Samuel Damashek
- Manage Git Repositories with GitLab on Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty) - Nashruddin Amin
- Yesod, Nginx, and MySQL on Debian 7 (Wheezy)- Si-Qi Liu
- Installing iRedMail on your Linode - Nick Reichley
- Using StartSSL with the latest Nginx on Debian 7 - Ryan Laverdiere
- Garry’s Mod on CentOS 7 - Julian Meyer
- OSSEC IDS on Debian 7 - Sunday Ogwu-Chinuwa
How Much Money Will I Earn?
We will pay you $100 per article that is accepted for publication, in cash via PayPal, or as Linode credit. Note that submitting an article is not a guarantee of publication. After you submit it, we will let you know if your article has been accepted.
Write Your Article
Use the style guide. While you’re writing, make sure your content is:
- Accurate. Your instructions should be straightforward and technically accurate.
- Detailed. Your content should include detailed explanations of each step taken, to familiarize readers with the purpose behind each step.
- Formatted. Your style should use PHP Markdown Extra formatting and match the Linode Library style guide.
- Original. Your content should be original material written for Linode. We will not accept submissions that have been copied from other sources.
Want to make sure you don’t waste time writing a long article we can’t use? Submit a writing sample first, to email@example.com.
Submit Your Article
Got images? Attach them as .png or .jpg files. If an image is over 650 pixels wide, please send both the original and a 650-pixel-wide version.
- Article in .txt or .md format
- Your name, as you want it to appear in the Library
- PayPal account information, or Linode account information for Linode credit
Once you’ve submitted your article, here’s what you can expect:
- You’ll receive a brief response acknowledging your submission.
- We will do a technical review of your material. This will take a few days.
- We will do a copy review of the article. This will take a few days.
- You may receive questions or comments from us, or a request for a resubmission with a few changes.
- We will let you know that your article has been chosen for publication and send you the final version we are planning to publish. You will have 36 hours to respond and approve our publication of the final version.
- If you respond positively (non-response will be taken as a go-ahead to publish), we will publish the article and give you the cash or Linode credit.
COPYRIGHT OWNERSHIP. Writer agrees that the Work is being created by the writer for the Linode Guides and Tutorials Repository and that each form of Work is being created by the writer as a “work made for hire” under the United States Copyright Act and, at all stages of development, the Work shall be and remain the sole and exclusive property of Linode. At Linode’s sole, absolute and unfettered discretion, Linode may make any changes in, deletions from, or additions to the Work.
CREDIT. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be deeded to require Linode to use the Work, or any part thereof, in connection with the Digital Library or otherwise. Credit for the Work shall read “This is a Linode Community guide by author “writer’s name”.”
PAYMENT. Upon publication of a submission to the Linode Guides and Tutorials Repository, the writer will be paid the sum of $100.00 either in the form of a credit to their Linode account or as an electronic payment.
This guide is published under a CC BY-ND 3.0 license.