Upgrade to Hourly Billing
Updated by Linode
This guide will show you how to upgrade your prepaid Linode account to use Hourly billing. For more information on Hourly billing, see our Billing Guide.
To upgrade to the Hourly billing system, follow these steps:
- Log in to the Linode Manager.
- Click the Account tab.
From the Account tab, select the Convert to Hourly billing link in the lower right.
You’ll be taken to a page with a brief overview of the Hourly billing system. If you have any prepaid amounts on your account from the current month or year, you will receive that amount as a credit on your account to be used toward future invoices. Click the Convert me to Hourly NOW! button to finalize the conversion.
You will receive a confirmation message that your account has been converted to Hourly billing.
- Prepaid discounts will not carry over to the new system
- Those who remain on the prepaid billing system will not experience any changes, however newer plans and services may not be available on prepaid accounts.
When you select the Convert to Hourly billing link in Step 3 above, you may receive an error or notice. For example, this account has several notices that This package needs to be paid:
To resolve unpaid packages, you can:
- Check for unpaid invoices, and attempt to pay them immediately. Use the click to charge link on the main Account tab
- Check for extras packages, and remove them manually
- Contact support for other notices on this page
You will no longer receive the annual discount when you switch to Hourly billing. If you have a discounted package on your account, you will receive this notice:
If you want to stay on the old billing system, just don’t click the final button.
This guide is published under a CC BY-ND 4.0 license.