Linode Kubernetes Engine - Release Notes
Linode Kubernetes Engine (LKE) is a fully-managed container orchestration engine for deploying and managing containerized applications and workloads. LKE combines Linode’s ease of use and simple pricing with the infrastructure efficiency of Kubernetes. You can now get your infrastructure and workloads up and running in minutes instead of days.
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.42.01.42.0,
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.37.01.37.0,
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.36.01.36.0,
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.34.01.34.0,
- Upgrade cluster control plane components to latest available patch version: v1.21.10 and v1.22.7.
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.32.01.32.0,
- Upgraded cluster control plane components to latest available patch versions: v1.20.14, v1.20.8, and v1.22.5.
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.30.01.30.0,
- Upgraded cluster control plane components to latest available patch versions: v1.20.13, v1.21.7, and v1.22.4.
- Added support for multi-replica cluster-autoscaler on clusters with an HA control plane.
Linode Kubernetes Engine v184.108.40.206.1,
- Updated upstream CSI images to latest to avoid using deprecated/removed APIs.
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.29.01.29.0,
Linode Kubernetes Engine v220.127.116.11.3,
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.27.01.27.0,
- Upgraded cluster control plane components to latest available patch versions: v1.19.15, v1.20.11, and v1.21.5
- Upgraded Linode CCM to v0.3.15 on all LKE clusters
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.26.01.26.0,
- Add support for cluster-autoscaler to all LKE clusters. This feature is now live and configurable per node pool via the Linode API.
- Revert Calico CNI to host-local IPAM to address connectivity issues with the control plane. Any existing workloads still experiencing issues communicating with the control plane should be restarted so that Pods receive a new Pod IP address.
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.23.01.23.0,
- Upgraded Calico CNI from v3.19.0 to v3.19.1
- Upgraded cluster control plane components to latest available patch version: v1.19.13, v1.20.9, and v1.21.3.
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.22.01.22.0,
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.21.01.21.0,
- Added support for Graceful Node Shutdown in v1.20 and v1.21 clusters. Existing clusters must recycle their nodes to finish the upgrade.
- Added support for optional eBPF data planes by having new LKE nodes mount the BPF filesystem on startup.
- Upgraded coreDNS image from v1.8.0 to v1.8.4
- Upgraded Calico CNI from v3.10.4 to v3.19.0
- Upgraded cluster control plane components to latest available patch version: v1.18.19, v1.19.11, and v1.20.7.
- Disabled rpcbind by default on new LKE nodes, to avoid having unnecessary ports open.
- Fixed bug where kubelet and kubeadm configs in v1.21 clusters would still mention v1.20 text.
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.20.01.20.0,
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.17.01.17.0,
- Add support for Ephemeral Containers. Existing clusters can gain support by recycling all cluster nodes.
- Upgrade cluster control plane components to latest available patch version: v1.18.17, v1.19.9, and v1.20.5
- Remove support for v1.16 clusters in LKE
- Upgrade Calico CNI to v3.10.4 for all LKE clusters
- Upgrade etcd to v3.4.14 for all LKE clusters
- Tune etcd to reduce memory usage and increase stability
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.16.01.16.0,
Linode Kubernetes Engine v18.104.22.168.1,
- Upgrade cluster control plane components to latest available patch version: v1.18.16 and v1.19.8
- Upgrade CoreDNS on all LKE clusters to v1.8.0
- Upgrade CCM for LKE clusters to v0.3.12, which allows for inter-service communication from within cluster via external LB and removes support for deprecated
- Update all Kubernetes worker node disk images to their latest patch versions: v1.19.8 and v1.18.16. Please recycle your nodes to receive the latest updates
- Update all Kubernetes worker node disk images to include new packages: open-iscsi for longhorn support and lvm2 for rook support. Please recycle your nodes to receive the latest updates.
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.14.01.14.0,
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.13.01.13.0,
- Upgrade CSI for LKE clusters to v0.3.0, which improves compatibility with future Kubernetes versions
- Upgrade CCM for LKE clusters to v0.3.9, which adds the ability to specify a default proxy-protocol version and a proxy-protocol version per config
- Update all Kubernetes worker node disk images to their latest patch versions: v1.16.15, v1.17.17, and v1.18.15. Please recycle your nodes to receive the latest updates
Linode Kubernetes Engine v22.214.171.124.1,
- Upgrade cluster control plane components to latest available patch version: v1.17.16 and v1.18.14
- Add support for cluster upgrades to the next available Kubernetes minor version
- Add support for full-cluster and individual node recycle
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.11.01.11.0,
- Update CCM to version 0.3.8 to include support for NodeBalancer Proxy Protocol
- Update CSI to version 0.1.7 to include support for Linode Block Storage Volume expansion.
- Upgrade cluster control plane components to latest available patch version: v1.17.14 and 1.18.12
- Address issue that could allow etcd to restore an incorrect backup.
Linode Kubernetes Engine v126.96.36.199.2,
- Add mitigation for CVE-2020-8558 on node initialization. Users should recycle their nodes for these changes to apply.
- Upgrade the control planes to the latest patch version available: v1.15.12, v1.16.14, and v1.17.11.
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.6.01.6.0,
- Add Node Pool Recycle feature so that users can redeploy Nodes with the latest patches and kubelet version
- Add support for up to 126 Nodes per cluster
- Add NFS packages to Node disk images. All newly deployed Nodes have NFS support. Existing Node pools can gain support using the “Recycle Nodes” feature
- LKE Node labels are reapplied on Node startup to ensure that they persist between reboots
- Update CCM version to 0.3.6 to include a bug fix for TLS configuration
- Increased timeout on kube-apiserver load balancers to prevent premature termination of connections
- Address connectivity issue for connections opened by control plane to cluster workloads
Linode Kubernetes Engine v188.8.131.52.1,
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.3.01.3.0,
- Added support for Kubernetes control plane versions 1.15.12, 1.16.11, 1.17.7. All clusters were upgraded to these versions
- Kubelet versions 1.15.10, 1.16.7, and 1.17.3 were made available for new and recycled Nodes
- Allow patch version skew between control plane and kubelet, so that we can push kubelet upgrades asynchronously
- Deploy Linode Cloud Controller Manager v0.3.5 for all clusters to fix a bug with NodeBalancer config rebuild for LoadBalancer Services
This page was originally published on