Guides - Deploy Passky through the Linode Marketplace
Quickly deploy a Compute Instance with many various software applications pre-installed and ready to use.
Passky is a simple, modern, lightweight and open-source password manager.
The Linode Marketplace allows you to easily deploy software on a Compute Instance using the Cloud Manager. See Get Started with Marketplace Apps for complete steps.
Log in to the Cloud Manager and select the Marketplace link from the left navigation menu. This displays the Linode Create page with the Marketplace tab pre-selected.
Under the Select App section, select the app you would like to deploy.
Complete the form by following the steps and advice within the Creating a Compute Instance guide. Depending on the Marketplace App you selected, there may be additional configuration options available. See the Configuration Options section below for compatible distributions, recommended plans, and any additional configuration options available for this Marketplace App.
Click the Create Linode button. Once the Compute Instance has been provisioned and has fully powered on, wait for the software installation to complete. If the instance is powered off or restarted before this time, the software installation will likely fail.
To verify that the app has been fully installed, see Get Started with Marketplace Apps > Verify Installation. Once installed, follow the instructions within the Getting Started After Deployment section to access the application and start using it.
- Supported distributions: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and Debian 11
- Recommended plan: All plan types and sizes can be used.
- Email Address (required): The email address to use for generating TLS/SSL certificates.
- Admin Username (required): The username for the Passky Admin user.
- Admin Password (required): The password for the Passky Admin user.
- MySQL Password (required): The password for the MySQL database.
- Domain: The domain name to be included in Apache vhost and used to generated SSL certificates. If none is provided the default rDNS is used.
- Sub Domain: The sub domain to be included in Apache vhost and used to generated TLS/SSL certificates.
") within any of the App-specific configuration fields, including user and database password fields. This special character may cause issues during deployment.
Open your web browser and navigate to the custom domain you entered during deployment or your Compute Instance’s rDNS domain (such as
192-0-2-1.ip.linodeusercontent.com). See the Managing IP Addresses guide for information on viewing the rDNS value.
On the Passky front page, enter the username and password you set during deployment to access the server GUI.
The Passky GUI shows server resource information, the total accounts and passwords stored in the server, active licenses, and the server health.
You may wish to consult the following resources for additional information on this topic. While these are provided in the hope that they will be useful, please note that we cannot vouch for the accuracy or timeliness of externally hosted materials.
This page was originally published on