Resize a Linode Disk
Updated by Linode
Use promo code DOCS10 for $10 credit on a new account.
This QuickAnswer will show you how to resize a disk on your Linode. See our Disks and Configuration Profiles guide for additional information.
- Log in to the Linode Manager.
- Click the Linodes tab.
- Select the Linode with the disk that you want to resize.
- Click Shut down to turn your Linode off. Watch the Host Job Queue for confirmation that the Linode has shut down.
- Click the Edit link next to the disk you wish to resize.
- In the New Size field, enter a different size for the disk in megabytes.
- Click Save Changes. Watch the Host Job Queue for confirmation that the disk has been resized.
- Click Boot to turn on the Linode.
NoteThe Linode Manager will not allow you to resize your disk to an amount smaller than the space taken up by files on your filesystem. To confirm how much space you’re using, issue the
df -hcommand on your Linode
- Enable Backups on a Linode
- Deploy an Image to a Linode
- Reset the Root Password on your Linode
- How to Install SELinux on Ubuntu
- How to Use Wget
This guide is published under a CC BY-ND 4.0 license.