Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.42.01.42.0,
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.37.01.37.0,
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.36.01.36.0,
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.34.01.34.0,
- Upgrade cluster control plane components to latest available patch version: v1.21.10 and v1.22.7.
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.32.01.32.0,
- Upgraded cluster control plane components to latest available patch versions: v1.20.14, v1.20.8, and v1.22.5.
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.30.01.30.0,
- Upgraded cluster control plane components to latest available patch versions: v1.20.13, v1.21.7, and v1.22.4.
- Added support for multi-replica cluster-autoscaler on clusters with an HA control plane.
Linode Kubernetes Engine v188.8.131.52.1,
- Updated upstream CSI images to latest to avoid using deprecated/removed APIs.
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.29.01.29.0,
Linode Kubernetes Engine v184.108.40.206.3,
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.27.01.27.0,
- Upgraded cluster control plane components to latest available patch versions: v1.19.15, v1.20.11, and v1.21.5
- Upgraded Linode CCM to v0.3.15 on all LKE clusters
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.26.01.26.0,
- Add support for cluster-autoscaler to all LKE clusters. This feature is now live and configurable per node pool via the Linode API.
- Revert Calico CNI to host-local IPAM to address connectivity issues with the control plane. Any existing workloads still experiencing issues communicating with the control plane should be restarted so that Pods receive a new Pod IP address.
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.23.01.23.0,
- Upgraded Calico CNI from v3.19.0 to v3.19.1
- Upgraded cluster control plane components to latest available patch version: v1.19.13, v1.20.9, and v1.21.3.
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.22.01.22.0,
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.21.01.21.0,
- Added support for Graceful Node Shutdown in v1.20 and v1.21 clusters. Existing clusters must recycle their nodes to finish the upgrade.
- Added support for optional eBPF data planes by having new LKE nodes mount the BPF filesystem on startup.
- Upgraded coreDNS image from v1.8.0 to v1.8.4
- Upgraded Calico CNI from v3.10.4 to v3.19.0
- Upgraded cluster control plane components to latest available patch version: v1.18.19, v1.19.11, and v1.20.7.
- Disabled rpcbind by default on new LKE nodes, to avoid having unnecessary ports open.
- Fixed bug where kubelet and kubeadm configs in v1.21 clusters would still mention v1.20 text.
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.20.01.20.0,
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.17.01.17.0,
- Add support for Ephemeral Containers. Existing clusters can gain support by recycling all cluster nodes.
- Upgrade cluster control plane components to latest available patch version: v1.18.17, v1.19.9, and v1.20.5
- Remove support for v1.16 clusters in LKE
- Upgrade Calico CNI to v3.10.4 for all LKE clusters
- Upgrade etcd to v3.4.14 for all LKE clusters
- Tune etcd to reduce memory usage and increase stability
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.16.01.16.0,
Linode Kubernetes Engine v220.127.116.11.1,
- Upgrade cluster control plane components to latest available patch version: v1.18.16 and v1.19.8
- Upgrade CoreDNS on all LKE clusters to v1.8.0
- Upgrade CCM for LKE clusters to v0.3.12, which allows for inter-service communication from within cluster via external LB and removes support for deprecated
- Update all Kubernetes worker node disk images to their latest patch versions: v1.19.8 and v1.18.16. Please recycle your nodes to receive the latest updates
- Update all Kubernetes worker node disk images to include new packages: open-iscsi for longhorn support and lvm2 for rook support. Please recycle your nodes to receive the latest updates.
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.14.01.14.0,
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.13.01.13.0,
- Upgrade CSI for LKE clusters to v0.3.0, which improves compatibility with future Kubernetes versions
- Upgrade CCM for LKE clusters to v0.3.9, which adds the ability to specify a default proxy-protocol version and a proxy-protocol version per config
- Update all Kubernetes worker node disk images to their latest patch versions: v1.16.15, v1.17.17, and v1.18.15. Please recycle your nodes to receive the latest updates
Linode Kubernetes Engine v18.104.22.168.1,
- Upgrade cluster control plane components to latest available patch version: v1.17.16 and v1.18.14
- Add support for cluster upgrades to the next available Kubernetes minor version
- Add support for full-cluster and individual node recycle
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.11.01.11.0,
- Update CCM to version 0.3.8 to include support for NodeBalancer Proxy Protocol
- Update CSI to version 0.1.7 to include support for Linode Block Storage Volume expansion.
- Upgrade cluster control plane components to latest available patch version: v1.17.14 and 1.18.12
- Address issue that could allow etcd to restore an incorrect backup.
Linode Kubernetes Engine v22.214.171.124.2,
- Add mitigation for CVE-2020-8558 on node initialization. Users should recycle their nodes for these changes to apply.
- Upgrade the control planes to the latest patch version available: v1.15.12, v1.16.14, and v1.17.11.
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.6.01.6.0,
- Add Node Pool Recycle feature so that users can redeploy Nodes with the latest patches and kubelet version
- Add support for up to 126 Nodes per cluster
- Add NFS packages to Node disk images. All newly deployed Nodes have NFS support. Existing Node pools can gain support using the “Recycle Nodes” feature
- LKE Node labels are reapplied on Node startup to ensure that they persist between reboots
- Update CCM version to 0.3.6 to include a bug fix for TLS configuration
- Increased timeout on kube-apiserver load balancers to prevent premature termination of connections
- Address connectivity issue for connections opened by control plane to cluster workloads
Linode Kubernetes Engine v126.96.36.199.1,
Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.3.01.3.0,
- Added support for Kubernetes control plane versions 1.15.12, 1.16.11, 1.17.7. All clusters were upgraded to these versions
- Kubelet versions 1.15.10, 1.16.7, and 1.17.3 were made available for new and recycled Nodes
- Allow patch version skew between control plane and kubelet, so that we can push kubelet upgrades asynchronously
- Deploy Linode Cloud Controller Manager v0.3.5 for all clusters to fix a bug with NodeBalancer config rebuild for LoadBalancer Services