Linode Kubernetes Engine v1.21.0
- Added support for Graceful Node Shutdown in v1.20 and v1.21 clusters. Existing clusters must recycle their nodes to finish the upgrade.
- Added support for optional eBPF data planes by having new LKE nodes mount the BPF filesystem on startup.
- Upgraded coreDNS image from v1.8.0 to v1.8.4
- Upgraded Calico CNI from v3.10.4 to v3.19.0
- Upgraded cluster control plane components to latest available patch version: v1.18.19, v1.19.11, and v1.20.7.
- Disabled rpcbind by default on new LKE nodes, to avoid having unnecessary ports open.
- Fixed bug where kubelet and kubeadm configs in v1.21 clusters would still mention v1.20 text.