Appwrite is an open source, self-hosted backend server that provides developers with a set of tools and services to build and manage web and mobile applications. It offers various features to simplify the development process, including user authentication, database management, file storage, and more.
Deploying a Marketplace App
The Linode Marketplace allows you to easily deploy software on a Compute Instance using the Cloud Manager. See Get Started with Marketplace Apps for complete steps.
- Log in to the Cloud Manager and select the Marketplace link from the left navigation menu. This displays the Linode Create page with the Marketplace tab pre-selected.
- Under the Select App section, select the app you would like to deploy.
- Complete the form by following the steps and advice within the Creating a Compute Instance guide. Depending on the Marketplace App you selected, there may be additional configuration options available. See the Configuration Options section below for compatible distributions, recommended plans, and any additional configuration options available for this Marketplace App.
- Click the Create Linode button. Once the Compute Instance has been provisioned and has fully powered on, wait for the software installation to complete. If the instance is powered off or restarted before this time, the software installation will likely fail.
- To verify that the app has been fully installed, see Get Started with Marketplace Apps > Verify Installation. Once installed, follow the instructions within the Getting Started After Deployment section to access the application and start using it.
Estimated deployment time: Appwrite should be fully installed within 5-10 minutes after the Compute Instance has finished provisioning.
- Supported distributions: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
- Recommended minimum plan: We recommend a 4GB Dedicated CPU or Shared Compute instance for Appwrite.
Getting Started After Deployment
Accessing the Appwrite Web UI
- Open your web browser and navigate to
http://[ip-address], where [ip-address] is your Compute Instance’s IPv4 address or default rDNS domain. See the Managing IP Addresses guide for information on viewing IP addresses.
- In the Sign in page that is displayed, click the Sign Up link if this is your first time accessing the app.
- The sign up page should open, which allows you to create a new user on this Appwrite deployment. Enter your name, your email address, and a secure password. Then, click the Sign up button.
- After creating your account and logging in for the fist time, the application prompts you to create your first project. Enter a project name and click the Create project button to continue.
- Once your project has been created, you should see the Overview page for that project. From here, you can manage this project, including adding web application platforms, users, databases, and more.
Now that you’ve accessed your Appwrite instance, check out the official Appwrite documentation to learn how to further utilize your instance.
The Appwrite Marketplace app was built for Linode by Appwrite. For support regarding app deployment, contact Linode Support. For support regarding the tool or software itself, use the information in the sidebar or browse Appwrite’s documentation.