Multiplayer action-survival game with one objective: stay alive.
Ark: Survival Evolved is the ultimate game of survival against all odds. At the start of a new game, you find yourself stranded on an island with dinosaurs, other prehistoric animals, and potentially hostile human players. In addition to all of those enemies, natural disasters can strike at any moment. The hunt for resources begins.
Ark: Survival Evolved tests both your strategic and survival instincts as you gain more strength and face bigger obstacles. Build shelters, grow crops, and tame creatures to increase your chances of staying alive, and maybe even escape the island.
Get your game up and running using Linode’s Ark One-Click App. Hosting your own Ark server on Linode gives you control of settings including leveling speed, the number of players, and securing your server for worry-free gaming.
The Ark Game Server One-Click App will install the following required software on your Linode:
|ARK: Survival Evolved||Game server.|
|LinuxGSM||A command line tool for the deployment and management of Linux game servers.|
|UFW||Firewall utility. Ports 27015/udp, 7777:7778/udp and 27020/tcp will allow outgoing and incoming traffic.|
|Fail2Ban||Fail2Ban is an intrusion prevention software framework that protects computer servers from brute-force attacks.|
|RCON Password||Your password for RCON, a protocol which allows ARK administrators to remotely execute commands on the game server. Required.|
|Server Name||Your ARK server’s name. Advanced Configuration.|
|Message of the Day||A message that is displayed whenever a player logs on to the server. Advanced Configuration.|
|Server Password||Your ARK server’s password, if you want the game server to be password protected. Advanced Configuration.|
|Hardcore Mode Enabled||Enables Hardcore mode, which resets a player to level 1 after dying. Advanced Configuration.|
|XP Multiplier||Increases or decreases the amount of experience awarded for various actions. Advanced Configuration.|
|Server PvE||Disables player vs player combat and enables player vs environment combat. Advanced Configuration.|
Getting Started After Deployment
Ensure that you have installed Steam on your personal computer and bought the ARK: Survival Evolved game on your Steam account before getting started with this section.
After the Ark: Survival Evolved Server One-Click App has finished installing, you will be able to access your server by copying your Linode’s IPv4 address and entering it into the favorite servers list in your computer’s Steam client:
- Click on the Linodes link in the sidebar. You will see a list of all your Linodes.
- Find the Linode you just created when deploying your app and select it.
- Navigate to the Networking tab.
- Your IPv4 address will be listed under the Address column in the IPv4 table. Copy the address.
- On your personal computer, open Steam. Click on View > Servers, then click on the Favorites tab.
6. Click on Add a Server, then paste in your Linode’s IP address. Click on Add This Address to Favorites.
7. Once you have added your Linode’s IP address to your Steam favorites list, open ARK: Survival Evolved. Click on Join ARK. At the bottom of the screen, click on the Session Filter drop down list and select Favorites. Your ARK Linode should appear:
Click on the server and then select Join at the bottom of the screen. You will be loaded into your server.
The Ark Game Server One-Click App was built by Linode. For support regarding app deployment, contact Linode Support via the information listed in the sidebar. For support regarding the game, visit Ark Support.