Cloud native container registry for Kubernetes and more.
Harbor is an open source registry that secures artifacts with policies and role-based access control, ensures images are scanned and free from vulnerabilities, and signs images as trusted. Harbor, a CNCF Graduated project, delivers compliance, performance, and interoperability to help you consistently and securely manage artifacts across cloud native compute platforms like Kubernetes and Docker.
Linode recommends using Harbor as a container registry alongside Linode Kubernetes Engine (LKE).
Deploying the Harbor Marketplace App
The Linode Marketplace allows you to easily deploy software on a Linode using the Linode Cloud Manager.
- Log in to the Cloud Manager and select the Marketplace link from the left navigation menu. This displays the Linode Compute Create page with the Marketplace tab pre-selected.
- Under the Select App section, select the app you would like to deploy.
- Fill out all required Options for the selected app as well as any desired Advanced Options (which are optional). See the Configuration Options section for details.
- Complete the rest of the form as discussed within the Getting Started > Create a Linode.
- Click the Create Linode button. Once the Linode has provisioned and has fully powered on, wait for the software installation to complete. If the Linode is powered off or restarted before this time, the software installation will likely fail. To determine if the installation has completed, open the Linode’s Lish console and wait for the system login prompt to appear.
- Follow the instructions within the Getting Started After Deployment section.
Software installation should complete within 2-5 minutes after the Linode has finished provisioning.
Here are the additional options available for this Marketplace App:
|Admin Password||The Harbor admin password. Required.|
|Database Password||The Harbor database password. Required.|
|This Email is require to generate the SSL certificates. Required|
|Your Linode API Token||Your Linode |
|Subdomain||The subdomain you wish the installer to create a DNS record for during setup. The suggestion given is |
|Domain||The domain name where you wish to host your Wazuh instance. The installer creates a DNS record for this domain during setup if you provide this field along with your |
|The limited sudo user to be created for the Linode||This is the limited user account to be created for the Linode. This account has sudo user privileges.|
|The password for the limited sudo user||Set a password for the limited sudo user. The password must meet the complexity strength validation requirements for a strong password. This password can be used to perform any action on your server, similar to root, so make it long, complex, and unique.|
|The SSH Public Key that will be used to access the Linode||If you wish to access SSH via Public Key (recommended) rather than by password, enter the public key here.|
|Disable root access over SSH?||Select |
For advice on filling out the remaining options on the Create a Linode form, see Getting Started > Create a Linode. That said, some options may be limited or recommended based on this Marketplace App:
- Supported distributions: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, Debian 11
- Recommended plan: All plan types and sizes can be used, though a minimum of a 8GB Instance is recommended for production.
Getting Started After Deployment
Accessing the Harbor App
- Open a browser and navigate to the domain you created in the beginning of your deployment. You can also use your Compute Instance’s rDNS, which may look like
li*.members.linode.com. See the Remote Access guide for information on viewing and setting the rDNS value.
- In the Harbor login screen that appears, enter
adminas the username and use the Admin password you created in the beginning of your deployment.
Now that you’ve accessed your dashboard, check out the official Harbor documentation to learn how to further utilize your Harbor instance.
The Harbor App was built by Linode. For support regarding app deployment, contact Linode Support via the information listed in the sidebar. For support regarding the tool or software itself, check out the Harbor community resources.