Free, open source video conferencing and communication platform.
Open source alternative for popular tools like Zoom for a full video conferencing and chat service maintained by a community. Jitsi is a series of open source projects that form core tools like Jitsi Meet, a fully encrypted video conferencing service that can be accessed any time without creating an account.
Jitsi Meet includes important video conferencing features including sharing your desktop or screen for presentations, group chat, and the option to join meetings using your phone.
Start chatting with friends and colleagues with a Jitsi instance located in the data center closest to you for maximum performance you can monitor. Get started by deploying the Jitsi One-Click App on Linode.
The Jitsi One-Click App will install the following required software on your Linode:
|Jitsi Videobridge||WebRTC compatible server that routes the video streams between participants in the conference.|
|Jitsi Conference Focus (jicofo)||The server-side focus component that manages sessions between participants.|
|Jitsi Gateway to SIP (jigasi)||A server-side application enabling regular SIP clients to join the conference.|
|Jibri||Tools for recording and streaming the conference.|
|Prosody||XMPP server for signalling.|
Getting Started After Deployment
Jitsi is now installed and ready to use.
1. Before you go to your app, if you filled out the optional Jitsi configuration fields before deploying the Jitsi One-Click App:
- In the Cloud Manager DNS Manager there is now an entry for your domain with two A/AAAA records pointing to your new server. One for the domain name and one for the hostname.
- Configure the rDNS on your Linode.
2. If you didn’t setup a domain, navigate to the IP address of the Linode in your browser. You can find the IP address for your Linode on the Linode detail page in the Cloud Manager. If you did setup a domain, navigate to the address as described in the Jitsi Options section above.
3. Jitsi prompts you to start a meeting.
You may wish to consult the following resources for additional information on this topic. While these are provided in the hope that they will be useful, please note that we cannot vouch for the accuracy or timeliness of externally hosted materials.
The Jitsi One-Click App was built by Linode. For support regarding app deployment, contact Linode Support via the information listed in the sidebar. For support or questions on how to use Jitsi, check out the Jitsi Community Forum.