Linode, LLC (herein referred to as "Linode") collects and stores personal information, including the full name, company name (if applicable), billing address, credit card number and expiration date, email address, and source IP address for all customers. In some cases, photographic proof of identity and credit card credentials may be required prior to customer account activation. Inquiries regarding the collection and use of personal information may be made via email to email@example.com, or via postal mail or facsimile using contact information found on our About Us page.
- Security and Data Integrity
- Third Party Disclosure
Linode transfers personal information to third parties under the following normal business procedures:
- Linode discloses the full name, billing address, and credit card account information of its customers to a third party merchant processing provider for billing purposes. Linode does not disclose customer information to other third parties except where required under applicable state and federal laws for purposes of investigation of criminal complaints, or where required by court order.
- Linode discloses the billing address, network IP address, and a partial credit card number (for issuing bank identification purposes) of customers to a third party as part of the sign-up process for fraud detection purposes.
Customers have access to account-specific personal information stored about them via Linode's web-based interface for account management. Customers may update their information at any time. Customers who cancel their account may request that their personal information be deleted from Linode's databases, with the exception of:
- network access logs, which may be stored for any duration of time at Linode's discretion,
- cases where financially fraudulent or otherwise illegal activity is deemed to have occurred (as determined by Linode management or law enforcement officials), in which case personal information may be retained indefinitely for purposes of ongoing investigation and prevention of fraud recurrence, or
- cases where a customer's violation of the Linode Terms of Service has resulted in cancellation of the customer's account (as defined by revocation of the customer's permission to utilize Linode's services), in which case personal information may be retained indefinitely for purposes of prevention of further use of Linode's services in the future by the offending individual.
We collect anonymous usage information on visitors to our site through use of Google Analytics. This service may employ third party tracking cookies to gather anonymous browser, operating system, geographic, and web site navigation information. Use of our Linode Manager interface requires the acceptance of cookies for login session management purposes.
- Unmanaged Service
Customers bear sole responsibility for maintaining the security of virtual private server (VPS) environments maintained under their accounts. Customers are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with any and all applicable privacy guidelines and regulations for all jurisdictions in which they may operate with respect to appropriate practices for the collection, storage, and dissemination of personal information using their Linode VPS. In no event shall Linode be held liable for a customer's failure to adopt and/or practice appropriate measures for safeguarding personal information stored within or transmitted through their Linode VPS.
- Opt Out Provision
Customers shall have the right to opt out of any use of their personal information which is inconsistent with or beyond the scope of the purposes for which it was initially collected. In the event that, at Linode's discretion, service cannot be continued without customer acceptance of such modifications to the ways in which personal information is collected and/or used, customers who wish to opt out of such collection or use of their personal information will be notified and offered a pro-rated refund of any positive balance on their account with Linode.
Please direct compliance inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Third parties which may be contacted with compliance inquiries included the following:Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc.
BBB EU Safe Harbor Dispute Resolution Program
Online Contact Form U.S. Department of Commerce
U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework
1401 Constitution Avenue, N.W.
Washington, DC 20230
Federal Trade Commission
Consumer Response Center
600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20580