Reset my WordPress password so I can renew my SSL certificate?

Linode Staff

Hey I would like you to install a renewed SSL certificate on our website. We can provide the CSR file, the key, and the certificate file. We're unable to access the installation on our own because we used a Wordpress plugin and Wordpress login isn't working now.

2 Replies

As we're primarily an infrastructure provider, our Support Team isn't able to login to your Linode, nor to make any internal changes/configurations. That said, if you can't access WordPress to reset your database, you can reset the password from the MySQL database directly by following these instructions. Once you've regained access, you can update your SSL certificate.

  1. mysql -u root -p

  2. USE wordpress_db;

  3. SELECT ID, user_login FROM wp_users;

  4. UPDATE wp_users SET user_pass = MD5('new_password') WHERE user_login = 'admin';

  5. EXIT;

Reply

Please enter an answer
Tips:

You can mention users to notify them: @username

You can use Markdown to format your question. For more examples see the Markdown Cheatsheet.

> I’m a blockquote.

I’m a blockquote.

[I'm a link] (https://www.google.com)

I'm a link

**I am bold** I am bold

*I am italicized* I am italicized

Community Code of Conduct