DDoS on linodes

What are my options to get DDoS protection for Linodes? I can't find anything in the Linode docs that even mention DDoS let alone any protections that are provided by default.

1 Reply

Thank you for your question about DDoS protection on Akamai Compute.

Akamai's Cloud DDoS prevention measures are in place to protect our Compute hosting- and networking infrastructure from traffic saturation. This keeps the shared platform stable and available for all customers.

Your Linodes benefit indirectly from these platform-level protections. They are designed to protect the infrastructure, not to be a dedicated DDoS mitigation service for individual VMs or applications. If your workload needs stronger protection, we recommend Akamai's CDN, WAF Security- and Delivery services, which are likely to give you better results.

If you'd like help choosing a protection approach for your environment, let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Reply

Please enter an answer
Tips:

You can mention users to notify them: @username

You can use Markdown to format your question. For more examples see the Markdown Cheatsheet.

> I’m a blockquote.

I’m a blockquote.

[I'm a link] (https://www.google.com)

I'm a link

**I am bold** I am bold

*I am italicized* I am italicized

Community Code of Conduct