Postfix Dovecot listen to mail.domain & smtp.domain

Hello,

I have followed and installed this tutorial perfectly and everything works as it should work.

But how do I make the mail server listen to the subdomains mail.domain.com and smtp.domain.com? So I can connect to it from my mail clients on my laptop etc..

I do receive the emails on the server.

~~![](<URL url=)http://f.cl.ly/items/1B1U0N2S0e24311k0U … .40.20.png">http://f.cl.ly/items/1B1U0N2S0e24311k0U03/Screen%20Shot%202012-01-30%20at%2017.40.20.png" />

I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid LTS 32bit

Thanks in advance,

WouterDS~~

4 Replies

Have you created records in DNS for "mail" and "smtp"? I think it's just that easy…

If you want to accept mail addressed to user@mail.domain.com or user@smtp.domain.com you'll need to add entries to mydestination in main.cf for Postfix as well.

Oops. I now realize I haven't done that yet.

I have now set my DNS like this (is this correct?).

~~![](<URL url=)http://f.cl.ly/items/2t0W0O262n1c2J1T1H … .26.12.png">http://f.cl.ly/items/2t0W0O262n1c2J1T1H0x/Screen%20Shot%202012-01-31%20at%2012.26.12.png" />

But still no luck.

This is what I expected to see (tried it on the localhost)

~~![](<URL url=)http://f.cl.ly/items/1L0J0Z081c392P3p1Y … .27.15.png">http://f.cl.ly/items/1L0J0Z081c392P3p1Y1k/Screen%20Shot%202012-01-31%20at%2012.27.15.png" />

This is what I get to see (remote, from home)

~~![](<URL url=)http://f.cl.ly/items/40230O3h2o2z2v2F1H … .39.56.png">http://f.cl.ly/items/40230O3h2o2z2v2F1H2r/Screen%20Shot%202012-01-31%20at%2012.39.56.png" />

Thanks~~

OMG.

I have found it.

Every ISP in my country has to block port 25 by law.

Sorry for this useless post.

Regards,

WouterDS

@WouterDS:

Every ISP in my country has to block port 25 by law.
You can usually get around that by utilizing the submission port 587.

–

Travis

Reply

Please enter an answer
Tips:

You can mention users to notify them: @username

You can use Markdown to format your question. For more examples see the Markdown Cheatsheet.

> I’m a blockquote.

I’m a blockquote.

[I'm a link] (https://www.google.com)

I'm a link

**I am bold** I am bold

*I am italicized* I am italicized

Community Code of Conduct