Modern, open source, and flat-file CMS.
Grav is a flexible open source flat-file CMS (Content Management System). It can be used by both technical and non-technical people, allowing users to operate in the command line through its own CLI or in a web browser through its Admin panel. Page templates in Grav are constructed using the highly customizable Twig templating engine and content can be written directly in Markdown. Using Grav also enables you to pull from a plethora of pre-built resources, including starter templates, unique themes, and quite a few plugins. If you need assistance getting started, there is an active community form and extensive documentation.
Deploying the Grav Marketplace App
The Linode Marketplace allows you to easily deploy software on a Linode using the Linode Cloud Manager.
- Log in to the Cloud Manager and select the Marketplace link from the left navigation menu. This displays the Linode Compute Create page with the Marketplace tab pre-selected.
- Under the Select App section, select the app you would like to deploy.
- Fill out all required Options for the selected app as well as any desired Advanced Options (which are optional). See the Configuration Options section for details.
- Complete the rest of the form as discussed within the Getting Started > Create a Linode.
- Click the Create Linode button. Once the Linode has provisioned and has fully powered on, wait for the software installation to complete. If the Linode is powered off or restarted before this time, the software installation will likely fail. To determine if the installation has completed, open the Linode’s Lish console and wait for the system login prompt to appear.
- Follow the instructions within the Getting Started After Deployment section.
Software installation should complete within 5-10 minutes after the Linode has finished provisioning.
Grav CMS Options
Here are the additional options available for this Marketplace App:
|Admin Email for the server||This email is require to generate the SSL certificates. Required|
|Your Linode API Token||Your Linode |
|Subdomain||The subdomain you wish the installer to create a DNS record for during setup. The suggestion given is |
|Domain||The domain name where you wish to host your Grav instance. The installer creates a DNS record for this domain during setup if you provide this field along with your |
|The limited sudo user to be created for the Linode||This is the limited user account to be created for the Linode. This account has sudo user privileges.|
|The password for the limited sudo user||Set a password for the limited sudo user. The password must meet the complexity strength validation requirements for a strong password. This password can be used to perform any action on your server, similar to root, so make it long, complex, and unique.|
|The SSH Public Key that will be used to access the Linode||If you wish to access SSH via Public Key (recommended) rather than by password, enter the public key here.|
|Disable root access over SSH?||Select |
For advice on filling out the remaining options on the Create a Linode form, see Getting Started > Create a Linode. That said, some options may be limited or recommended based on this Marketplace App:
- Supported distributions: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
- Recommended plan: All plan types and sizes can be used.
Accessing the Grav App
- After installation is complete, the Grav dashboard is accessible at domain you entered in the beginning of your deployment followed by
Note: If you did not enter a domain, you can also use your Compute Instance’s rDNS, which may look like
123-0-123-0.ip.linodeusercontent.com. See the Managing IP Addresses guide for information on viewing and setting the rDNS value.
- From here, you are prompted to create an admin account, which you can use to login to the Grav admin panel, write content, and perform administration tasks.
Now that you’ve accessed your dashboard, check out the official Grav documentation to learn how to further utilize your Grav instance.
Note: Currently, Linode does not manage software and systems updates for Marketplace Apps. It is up to the user to perform routine maintenance on software deployed in this fashion.
You may wish to consult the following resources for additional information on this topic. While these are provided in the hope that they will be useful, please note that we cannot vouch for the accuracy or timeliness of externally hosted materials.
The Grav CMS App was built by Linode. For support regarding app deployment, contact Linode Support via the information listed in the sidebar. For support regarding the tool or software itself, check out the Grav Discourse forum.