Current Version: 2.1
Last Updated: 01 July 2023
Effective Date: 01 January 2020
By using or continuing to use a Service, including without limitation any Linode operated website which links to the Terms of Services, you or the entity you represent accept and consent to the rights, obligations, and practices described in this Policy.
Linode is committed to the principles of user consent and choice and encourages you to determine your preferred experience when interacting with Linode. To this end, you may learn more about customizing the cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, local storage, scripts, and other analytical tools (collectively “Cookies”) used in connection with the Services under the “Managing and Disabling Cookies” section of the Cookie Notice, as well as in section 2 of the Additional Terms. Please note, disabling certain Cookies may partially or entirely prevent you from using some services.
- Types of Cookies. A cookie is a data file that is distributed by an online service provider and stored on your device as a result of your web browsing activities. Cookies can exist in a temporary or persistent state, and serve a wide variety of purposes. The types of Cookies used by Linode in connection to the Services are as follows:
- Performance Cookies
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. The cookies may be set by us or third party providers. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Functional Cookies
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then the enhanced functionality and personalization will not be available to you but only the basic functionalities.
- Targeting Cookies
These cookies are set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising, adverts will be shown to you, nevertheless.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms.
- Social Media Cookies
These cookies are set through our site by a range of third party social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. These cookies are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see the social media sharing tools.
- Performance Cookies
- Managing or Disabling Cookies. You may manage the storage of Cookies on your device by customizing your browser settings, clicking on the “Cookie Preferences” link at the bottom of any website where Implied Consent is applicable or, if you do not agree to the use of a Cookie described in this Policy, may set your browser to reject all or select technologies. You can also withdraw your consent to existing Cookies by deleting the cookies that have already been stored. Please note, Linode cannot ensure that a Service will function as intended if you elect to disable Cookies on your device.
- Disclosure of Cookies.
The following is a list of cookies supplied by Linode and their derivatives from vendors listed:
- Applicability. This Policy applies to you and your Covered Users with respect to the Services. You shall be responsible for: (i) informing your other Covered Users, if any, of the existence of this Policy, as well as any amendments, updates, or modifications made to this Policy; and (ii) agreeing to this Policy, as amended, updated or modified from time to time, on behalf of all Covered Users. This Policy forms a part of the Linode Terms of Service and is a Supplemental Use Policy thereunder. All capitalized terms not expressly defined in this Policy shall have the meaning found in the Master Services Agreement.
- Browsers. Linode is unable to provide browser support and requests that you consult your browser’s help function for specific Cookie management assistance. For your convenience, links to the user manuals of numerous browsers have been listed below.
- Changes. Amendments to this Policy may be made at any time and you should check back frequently for any changes. Linode shall have the right and ability to amend this Policy at Linode's sole and absolute discretion, and any amendments herein shall be effective within fourteen (14) days of being posted by Linode or by your continued use of the Services, whichever later.