Node can not connect to other node with its private IP
I'm having a hell of a time and I'm wondering if anyone can help.
I used forge.laravel.com to spin up a few instances in Newark.
1 for a DB
2 for web
1 for load balancing.
The problem: I'm unable to connect a node to another on port 3306, 80, etc
- I'm unable to ping the private ip
- cURL times out
- mysql cannot connect
- what I tried with iptables:
-- allow any on port 80 and 3306
-- allow input from the private IPs
I'm at my wit's end. Any help will be appreciated.
Just to confirm, are both the Linode's in the same datacenter? When you run
ip a and
ip r on the Linodes, do you see the private IP addresses listed? If not, I would recommend making sure they are configured according to our Static IP Guide You can also try to reboot the Linodes with Network Helper running. To enable Network Helper:
- Log into Linode Manager
- Click on the name of the Linode
- Click on the "Shut Off" button to power the Linode down
- Click the "Edit" link to the right of the Configuration profile
- Scroll to the bottom and click the "Yes" bubble next to "Auto-configure Network"
- Click the Save button
- Power the Linode back on
You can read more about Network Helper at our guide.