CNAME record not showing up after TTL period
I am attempting to authenticate my domain with Mailchimp. I have been instructed to create a CNAME record
for k1._domainkey.chrislee.is with this value: dkim.mcsv.net
I did this approximately an hour ago, and set the TTL to five minutes. The CNAME record appears in my Linode Manager like this:
Hostname | Aliases to | TTL
k1._domainkey | dkim.mcsv.net | 300 (5 minutes)
However it is not working via Mailchimp authentication, nor by external CNAME checkers.
Can anyone advise?
It looks like your domain isn't using Linode's nameservers:
k1._domainkey.chrislee.is. 86400 IN CNAME chrislee.is. chrislee.is. 900 IN A 22.214.171.124 chrislee.is. 86400 IN NS ns0.1984.is. chrislee.is. 86400 IN NS ns1.1984.is. chrislee.is. 86400 IN NS ns2.1984hosting.com. chrislee.is. 86400 IN NS ns2.1984.is. ;; Received 423 bytes from 126.96.36.199#53(ns2.1984hosting.com) in 260 ms
It says it is in my Linode Manager, though. This is what I get when I go to DNS MAnager / chrislee.is / Zone dump:
; chrislee.is  $TTL 86400 @ IN SOA ns1.linode.com. funkyhomme.gmail.com. 2019022857 14400 14400 1209600 86400 @ NS ns1.linode.com. @ NS ns2.linode.com. @ NS ns3.linode.com. @ NS ns4.linode.com. @ NS ns5.linode.com. @ 3600 MX 1 ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. @ 3600 MX 5 ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. @ 3600 MX 5 ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. @ 3600 MX 10 ALT3.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. @ 3600 MX 10 ALT4.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. @ 300 TXT "v=spf1 include:servers.mcsv.net ?all " @ A 188.8.131.52 mail A 184.108.40.206 www A 220.127.116.11 @ AAAA 2a01:7e00::f03c:91ff:fe22:7145 mail AAAA 2a01:7e00::f03c:91ff:fe22:7145 www AAAA 2a01:7e00::f03c:91ff:fe22:7145 k1._domainkey 300 CNAME dkim.mcsv.net.
I set my nameservers back in November by the way, so this can't be a propogation issue.
Reading through the link you sent now to hopefully figure out why it's not using the Linode nameservers as requested.
All of the other domains on my Linode are using Linode nameservers, and the configuration looks exactly the same to me in the backend…
So my old host's nameservers are still pointing at my site for some reason, and I've emailed them to ask for advice on how to break the link.