How to activate the account?
Account activations can vary. There are 3 main possibilities when signing up for Linode:
Account is automatically activated.
The account goes into a pending activation status and a request of the following additional information is sent for verification purposes:
- A photo of a government-issued ID
- A photo of the credit card used for registration, ensuring that only the last 6 digits of the card are visible and that the name on the card matches the name on the ID
The account is not activated and there is no request for additional information.
- This can happen for several reasons. Most commonly the information entered during the signup process does not come back valid.
A few things to consider:
- Linode operates in multiple countries.
- The system only recognizes English characters.
- Ensure the card used when signing up (if required) is not being blocked by your financial institution.
- Complete all required fields.
If you have any issues signing up for Linode through the online process, the Linode Support Team is reachable at firstname.lastname@example.org