How to "fix" Gentoo now that devfs has gone away
* Remounting root filesystem read-only (if necessary)... [ ok ] * Checking root filesystem...fsck.ext3: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/ubd/0 /dev/ubd/0: The superblock could not be read or does not describe a correct ext2 filesystem. If the device is valid and it really contains an ext2 filesystem (and not swap or ufs or something else), then the superblock is corrupt, and you might try running e2fsck with an alternate superblock: e2fsck -b 8193 <device>* Filesystem couldn't be fixed :( [ !! ]</device>
Here's how to fix this:
1) Edit your configuration profile and enable the "init=/bin/bash" radio box. Save.
2) Boot your Linode
3) Connect with
4) At the root prompt, run: "mount -o remount,rw /"
5) Edit /etc/fstab and change "/dev/ubd/0" to /dev/ubda, and "/dev/ubd/1" to /dev/ubdb, and so on.
6) Change your configuration profile back to the normal run level