Anybody else having problems with YouTube's API for oEmbed data?
had a large number of clients complaining they couldn't embed YouTube videos across our Linode hosted sites. Similar sites on DO and AWS seem to be fine.
Spotted a couple of people on Twitter who also spotted issues on Friday with the London and Atlanta data centres. Is it possible that YouTube could have block API access for all Linodes?
Hey there James,
Thanks for reaching out! We're aware of this issue affecting sites hosted in Atlanta and London, and are reaching out to Google for assistance in resolving this -- we'll be sure to share any additional information as we receive it. Thanks for your patience here, it's greatly appreciated.
All the best,
Linode Support Team
Is there any update on this? I've got a Linode in Atlanta and am suffering the same problem. I first checked to make sure my actual Linode wasn't requesting anything to Google. I ran monitoring on the network for 24 hours and no requests were made, so apparently it's associated with the IPv6 block. Right now it's causing problems with my Wordpress site and accessing YouTube's OEmbed data.
@hollyit: We're currently working on resolving this with Google, but in the meantime this workaround for Wordpress might help.
Thanks @jyoo. I actually ended up solving it by disabling IPv6 on my Linode until you guys can get this worked out with Google.
I'm having the same issue across Linodes in London. I've tried the workaround, but can only get it to work on the backend(!). Any news on this being fixed - it's pretty important for me and took quite a while to narrow it down to a Linode issue!