is it possible to move a linode server to other account?
Hi, i have to setup a server for the place i work, in short terms i would like to set it up in my account and then move it so the payments and ownership is form the account of the Businnes and not mine.
You can absolutely transfer a Linode from one account to another. In fact, we'll do it for you. We'll just need a few things to happen.
From the transferring account, a ticket will need to be opened with the following information:
- The name of the Linode to be transferred
- The name of the account it will be transferred to
From the account which will be receiving the Linode, another Support ticket will need to be opened with this information:
- The name of the Linode that it is accepting
- The name of the account the Linode is coming from
- Verification of the acceptance of the transfer
Once we have those tickets opened, we will make the transfer for you.
You can now transfer ownership of Linodes using the Service Transfer feature in Cloud Manager, accessible from Account > Service Transfers.
Check out the guide on How to Transfer Ownership of Linode Services with Service Transfers for more details.