Copying and pasting in VS Code's integrated browser terminal
While my experience with VS Code is limited, I went ahead and created a new Linode using our VS Code Marketplace App to see if I could replicate this issue.
On Chrome, I found that I was only able to copy and paste in the integrated terminal after allowing my domain (for the VS Code server) to access the clipboard in Chrome's settings. In my case, I actually received a prompt to enable clipboard access after I attempted to paste something in the terminal itself.
If you're unable to accomplish this in Chrome due to misconfigured site permissions, you can follow these steps to enable clipboard access for your domain:
- Navigate to your Settings tab from Chrome.
- Click on Privacy and Security.
- Click on Site Settings.
- Click View permissions and data stored across sites.
- Select the entry for the site that is associated with your VS Code server.
- Scroll down until you find a Clipboard permission, and select Allow from the provided dropdown menu to the right of the permission.
Provided that you did not make any other changes, this should allow you to copy and paste from the VS Code terminal using Chrome. Regarding keyboard shortcuts, I found that I was simply able to use the default keyboard shortcuts for my machine.
On Safari, I was able to copy and paste in the VS Code terminal without making any changes to my browser settings. It might be worth trying out a different browser if you continue to encounter this behavior.