Entire IP range blocked by Outlook.com etc.
Outlook.com etc. is blocking mail from my linode domain because spam is being sent from I assume other IPs in the subnet.
Failed to deliver to '[email protected]'
SMTP module(domain hotmail.com) reports:
return-path address email@example.com rejected by hotmail->com.olc.protection.outlook.com:
550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [XX.XX.XXX.XX] weren't sent. Please contact >your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list
(S3140). You can also refer your provider to >http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. [HE1EUR04FT007.eop->eur04.prod.protection.outlook.com]
I have valid SPF records and rDNS set properly.
What's is linode's solution to this as it's a real show stopper for us?
Outlook offers this link but it is of no real help
Our Support is able to reach out to Microsoft in order to get this block removed.
I recommend opening a ticket and providing the following:
- The full SMTP 5xx error message that you would have received when you were notified of this block from Microsoft.
- The domain that you were attempting to send mail from, and the domain that you were attempting to send to.
- Verification that SPF has been configured for your domain. If it hasn't this guide may be helpful in getting set up:
With that info our team can reach out to Microsoft to get the block removed.
Lately I've been seeing alot of issues with mail delivery with Linode in general (not just microsoft)
Has there been a big spam run with Linode lately or something? I would have thought that the tough port 25 restrictions would keep that in check generally.
We are facing the same issues on 2 Linodes (but in the same 178 subnet). I think outlook.com has blocked at least one of Linode's network block. After several emails to Microsoft we have gotten nowhere. Not sure what to do next apart to move the sendmail server to another subnet/provider. Maybe Linode support can provide a "safe" relay for their clients.
I'm having the same issue.
Since I am a microsoft employee, I tried to open an internal incident case, but it seems that they simply could not figure out what's going wrong.
It sucks. I don't know how to reach the correct person to get the farking sheet resolved.