How to change my ip address?
hphillips Linode Staff
You can swap IP Addresses between Linodes. To get a new IP address, just:
- Create a new Linode in the same data center
- Go to either the old or new Linode's network tab
- Click on IP Transfer
- Swap its IP it with the other Linode.
- Remember to reconfigure any applications that refer to this Linode by IP address
- If you are using the Network Helper your Linode's networking will be reconfigured when you reboot.
- If you are not using NetworK Helper, you will need to manually reconfigure your networking.
- Reboot your Linode
You can also assign an IPv6 Pool of Addresses to your Linode by clicking Add an IP Address.