Is it free to transfer my linode to another data center?
Yes. You just need to open a ticket requesting it - and confirm that you understand that your Linode's IP address will change.
To add to what @smallclone said, there's a few things you'll need to confirm/acknowledge.
- Your IP address will change
- Your Linode will have to be offline for the migration to proceed
- The migration will take approximately 10-15 minutes for every 1GB of disk you are using.
- If you have enabled the Backups Service, backups will not be transferred to the new data center. You will be able to create new backups after the migration is complete
- At the time of writing this, it's not currently possible to migrate Block Storage volumes across data centers.