How do I resize the disks on my Linode?
mauterson Linode Staff
The easiest way to do this is as follows:
- Log in to the Linode Manager.
- Click the Linodes tab.
- Select the Linode with the disk that you want to resize.
- Click Shut down to turn your Linode off. Watch the Host Job Queue for confirmation that the Linode has shut down.
- Click the Edit link next to the disk you wish to resize. In the New Size field, enter a different size for the disk in megabytes.
- Click Save Changes. Watch the Host Job Queue for confirmation that the disk has been resized.
- Click Boot to turn on the Linode.
You may also want to reference the Disks and Configuration Profiles Guide.
jcardillo Linode Staff
When doing this in our new Cloud Manager the steps will be a little different:
- Go to your Linode's 'Advanced' tab.
- Click the 'Running' dropdown at the top right, then click 'Power Off'.
- Once powered off, click the three dots (…) next to the disk you want to resize. Then click 'Resize'.
- To extend the disk space completely so that you can take advantage of all your available space, enter the size in MB (up to the full amount listed) in the 'Size' field, then click 'Submit'.
- Once the resize completes, power back on your Linode.
This is also outlined in this guide: