Welcome to the Community Site!

You've been redirected here from forum.linode.com. This is your new place to find answers, ask questions, and help others.

Join our Community
X

Xen Update - 2006/03/13

Linode Staff

We've been running a private beta test off and on for the past year or so, more consistently for the past four months. Our Xen implementation into the LPM is feature complete, and thus far has been stable (on one of the hosts affected by the mysterious panics, too).

What I've been working on for the past few weeks is acquiring hardware and more space at both datacenters to run a public beta test. That's happened in our Fremont datacenter, and I'll be shipping them some of our new AMD hosts this week. As soon as they can get them online, and barring no other issues, I'll be opening up the beta test to users in that datacenter (Linodes on hosts9-26). I'll post the details on how to "register" for the public beta once my little "first come, first served" registration page is ready and the hosts are online.

The public beta test will involve migrating your existing node over to a Xen host. This uses our existing migration routines, so like always, it's just a click of one button. All your images, IPs, and configs will move over.

Remember, this will be a beta test, so anything could happen (data loss, downtime, etc) so if you can't afford the hassle you shouldn't consider applying.

Details to follow…

Thanks!

-Chris

5 Replies

Great news!

I'm over in Dallas, myself, and I'm doing stuff that isn't particularly beta-tolerant. But I'm really looking forward to Xen, and hearing how it works out for people who give this a try!

Woohoo! I'm very tempted, but I'm also lazy, and thus very fearful of having to rebuild my node if something goes wrong. :)

@NecroBones:

Woohoo! I'm very tempted, but I'm also lazy, and thus very fearful of having to rebuild my node if something goes wrong. :)
We would still have the disk images on the host you migrated from… :)

-Chris

Looking forward to being able to test. :) Hope to get a spot (host26)

Please enter an answer
Tips:

You can mention users to notify them: @username

You can use Markdown to format your question. For more examples see the Markdown Cheatsheet.

> I’m a blockquote.

I’m a blockquote.

[I'm a link] (https://www.google.com)

I'm a link

**I am bold** I am bold

*I am italicized* I am italicized

Community Code of Conduct