Cannot apt update after linode forced migration
So all has been running fine with my VPS for as long as I've had it. Until recently.
Linode sent me emails about a scheduled migration. I had no idea what it was for, or why it was necessary, but I assumed it wouldn't be a problem. I just ignored the emails, and let it go through. Now, today, when I want to install some more packages, I find out that the linode mirrors that come preinstalled (I didn't ask for those, but whatever) are not responding. Doing 'sudo apt update' hangs at '0% [Connecting to mirrors.linode.com]…'
Maybe it's a problem with the linode mirrors? So I use the default for /etc/apt/sources.list with
Oh, and weirdly… If I do 'lynx
Any ideas on how I can debug this?
I'm sorry you're running into this problem. When you curl -v mirrors.linode.com, what is the response? Is it connecting over IPv6? Can you try to run "apt-get -o Acquire::ForceIPv4=true update"?
I hope this helps!
Linode Customer Support
I have the same problem after my node migrated from Tokyo 1 to Tokyo 2 data center.
root@ubuntu:~# curl -v mirrors.linode.com
- Rebuilt URL to: mirrors.linode.com/
- Hostname was NOT found in DNS cache
- Trying 2400:8902:1::8ba2:5ef6…
- Trying 188.8.131.52…
- connect to 2400:8902:1::8ba2:5ef6 port 80 failed: Connection timed out
- connect to 184.108.40.206 port 80 failed: Connection timed out
- Failed to connect to mirrors.linode.com port 80: Connection timed out
- Closing connection 0
curl: (7) Failed to connect to mirrors.linode.com port 80: Connection timed out