How do I deploy an image to an existing Linode?
First create a new disk from an image, then create a configuration profile for the new disk:
- Select one of your Linodes (make sure it has enough disk space available to hold your desired Image).
- Go to the Settings tab of the Linode's menu, then choose Advanced Configurations.
- Choose Add a Disk, then when the disk drawer opens select Create From Image.
- Choose an image and disk size, then create the disk.
- You will be returned to the Advanced Configurations menu. Choose Add a Configuration, choose your new disk from the dropdown menu, then submit the form.
- Click on the action menu for the new config and select "Boot this config."
You can also boot from the new config just by booting the Linode: you'll be prompted to choose a configuration profile.