Migrate a cPanel site to Linode?
Hi all, I recently saw that Linode has integration with cPanel. After installing cPanel, is it possible to migrate an existing WHM/cPanel site to Linode? Thanks!
Yes, this is possible. You'll want to install cPanel on your Linode by following this guide:
Once you're set up there, you'll want to do the following:
- Copy your website files to your Linode (html, css, etc)
- Backup and restore your database to your Linode
- Set your DNS in the Linode DNS Manager to resolve to your current cPanel site, not the new one.
- Update your registrar to use Linode's nameservers (ns1.linode.com, ns2.linode.com, etc…)
- Set DNS TTL's to 5 minutes
Once you've tested to make sure everything on your site is working, you can change the DNS to point to your Linode. It may take up to 24 hours for these DNS changes to fully propagate.