mod_rpaf getting REMOTE_ADDR with load balancing
I just hooked up a NodeBalancer and installed mod_rpaf to make sure that I can use the real IP address in my apps behind it. But I've got a few things I can't find the answer to:
1) How do I enter the whole NodeBalancer range in the configuration? 192.168.255.0/24 does not seem to work in rpaf.conf, whilst lone IP addresses do.
2) What will happen if I start running SSL connections over the NodeBalancer - will I still get the correct IP address?
3) Whilst the IP shows correctly in my logs now, it doesn't seem to work with .htaccess deny/allow. I'm using the SetEnv hack with X-FORWARDED-FOR to deal with this, but is this the only way?
Many thanks guys
2) No, unless you terminate SSL on the NodeBalancer.
3) Its a logical way to do this