Self-hosted image library to easily upload, collaborate, and share images on your terms.
Chevereto is a self-hosted multipurpose multi-user, full-featured image sharing solution and an alternative to Google Photos and similar services. It can be used to create a myriad of applications or to empower existing systems, all around the concept of users sharing image content. Customize your image uploading experience, choose between 28 supported languages for your audience, and easily connect external cloud storage (including Linode’s S3-compatible Object Storage) with Chevereto’s robust API.
Easily start hosting your own image library in the cloud with Linode’s Chevereto Marketplace App.
Deploying the Chevereto Marketplace App
|Select an Image||Ubuntu 20.04 LTS is currently the only image supported by the Chevereto Marketplace App, and it is pre-selected on the Linode creation page. Required.|
|Region||The region where you would like your Linode to reside. In general, it’s best to choose a location that’s closest to you. For more information on choosing a DC, review the How to Choose a Data Center guide. You can also generate MTR reports for a deeper look at the network routes between you and each of our data centers. Required.|
|Linode Plan||Your Linode’s hardware resources. aaPanel can be supported on any size Linode, but we suggest you deploy your aaPanel App on a Linode plan that reflects how you plan on using it. If you decide that you need more or fewer hardware resources after you deploy your app, you can always resize your Linode to a different plan. Required.|
|Linode Label||The name for your Linode, which must be unique between all of the Linodes on your account. This name is how you identify your server in the Cloud Manager Dashboard. Required.|
|Root Password||The primary administrative password for your Linode instance. This password must be provided when you log in to your Linode via SSH. The password must meet the complexity strength validation requirements for a strong password. Your root password can be used to perform any action on your server, so make it long, complex, and unique. Required.|
After providing all required Linode Options, click on the Create button. Your Chevereto App will complete installation anywhere between 2-5 minutes after your Linode has finished provisioning.
Getting Started After Deployment
Access Your Chevereto App
- After Chevereto has finished installing,log into your Linode via SSH, replacing
192.0.2.0with your Linode’s IP address, and entering your Linode’s root password when prompted:
- You should see the Chevereto welcome message when logging into the Linode. This includes instructions for accessing the Chevereto installation script in your web browser along with the location of the credentials to the application. Replace
192.0.2.0with your Linode’s IP address.
- You will then be able to proceed through the Chevereto Installer.
- To utilize Chevereto, you need to obtain a license key. You can do so clicking the purchase button and entering the license key provided by Chevereto.
- Next, you will be presented with a page where you can enter your cPanel credentials. Since this Marketplace App does not include a cPanel installation, you can simply select skip.
- The next page allows you to input the database information for this application. It should be pre-filled with the user and password details.
- You are then prompted to create the Administrator account. This will be the credentials used to access your Chevereto dashboard.
- The next prompt will ask you for the email addresses that will be used for this service
- You are now ready to complete the Chevereto installation. Click the Install Chevereto button.
Now that you’ve accessed your dashboard, checkout the official Chevereto documentation to learn how to further configure your instance.
The Chevereto Marketplace App was built by Chevereto for Linode. For support regarding app deployment, contact Linode Support. For support regarding the tool or software itself, contact Chevereto via the official Chevereto community forum.