Deploying the MEAN Stack Marketplace App
- Log in to the Cloud Manager and select the Marketplace link from the left navigation menu. This displays the Linode Compute Create page with the Marketplace tab pre-selected.
- Under the Select App section, select the app you would like to deploy.
- Fill out all required Options for the selected app as well as any desired Advanced Options (which are optional). See the Configuration Options section for details.
- Complete the rest of the form as discussed within the Getting Started > Create a Linode.
- Click the Create Linode button. Once the Linode has provisioned and has fully powered on, wait for the software installation to complete. If the Linode is powered off or restarted before this time, the software installation will likely fail. To determine if the installation has completed, open the Linode’s Lish console and wait for the system login prompt to appear.
- Follow the instructions within the Getting Started After Deployment section.
Software installation should complete within 2-3 minutes after the Linode has finished provisioning.
Here are the additional options available for this Marketplace App:
|Admin Email for the server||This email is require to generate the SSL certificates. Required|
|Your Linode API Token||Your Linode |
|Subdomain||The subdomain you wish the installer to create a DNS record for during setup. The suggestion given is |
|Domain||The domain name where you wish to host your Wazuh instance. The installer creates a DNS record for this domain during setup if you provide this field along with your |
|The limited sudo user to be created for the Linode||This is the limited user account to be created for the Linode. This account has sudo user privileges.|
|The password for the limited sudo user||Set a password for the limited sudo user. The password must meet the complexity strength validation requirements for a strong password. This password can be used to perform any action on your server, similar to root, so make it long, complex, and unique.|
|The SSH Public Key that will be used to access the Linode||If you wish to access SSH via Public Key (recommended) rather than by password, enter the public key here.|
|Disable root access over SSH?||Select |
Currently, Linode does not manage software and systems updates for Marketplace Apps. It is up to the user to perform routine maintenance on software deployed in this fashion.
Getting Started After Deployment
Once deployed, a “Hello World” sample application should be running on
http://localhost:3000. An Nginx reverse proxy then serves the application through your custom domain or rDNS domain over ports 80 and 443. Follow the instructions below to view or access it.
Accessing the MEAN App through the Command Line
The MEAN sample application is stored in the
/opt/mean/ directory. To access it within the command line, follow the instructions below.
- Log in to your Compute Instance via SSH or Lish.
- Navigate to the directory in which the application is stored:
- Open the sample application with your preferred command line text editor, such as nano or vim.
Viewing the MEAN App through a Web Browser
Open your web browser and navigate to
https://[domain], where [domain] can be replaced with the custom domain you entered during deployment or your Compute Instance’s rDNS domain (such as
192-0-2-1.ip.linodeusercontent.com). See the Managing IP Addresses guide for information on viewing rDNS.
The MEAN One-Click App will install the following software on your Linode:
|Express||Web application framework|
|Node JS||Runtime environment|
|UFW||Firewall utility. Ports 22, 80, and 443 for IPv4 and IPv6 are set to allow traffic. All other ports have the following firewall rules: deny (incoming), allow (outgoing).|