Free, open source, and comprehensive security monitoring solution.
Deploy a free infrastructure monitoring solution to detect threats, intrusion attempts, unauthorized user actions, and provide security analytics. Wazuh collects, aggregates, indexes, and analyzes security data to increase your threat detection without the costs of premium security programs. Features include out-of-the-box incident responses, automated vulnerability assessment, and data analysis to help you get more out of log information.
Deploying the Wazuh Marketplace App
The Linode Marketplace allows you to easily deploy software on a Linode using the Linode Cloud Manager.
- Log in to the Cloud Manager and select the Marketplace link from the left navigation menu. This displays the Linode Compute Create page with the Marketplace tab pre-selected.
- Under the Select App section, select the app you would like to deploy.
- Fill out all required Options for the selected app as well as any desired Advanced Options (which are optional). See the Configuration Options section for details.
- Complete the rest of the form as discussed within the Getting Started > Create a Linode.
- Click the Create Linode button. Once the Linode has provisioned and has fully powered on, wait for the software installation to complete. If the Linode is powered off or restarted before this time, the software installation will likely fail. To determine if the installation has completed, open the Linode’s Lish console and wait for the system login prompt to appear.
- Follow the instructions within the Getting Started After Deployment section.
Software installation should complete within 10-15 minutes after the Linode has finished provisioning.
Here are the additional options available for this Marketplace App:
|Admin Email for the server||This Email is require to generate the SSL certificates. Required|
|Your Linode API Token||Your Linode |
|Subdomain||The subdomain you wish the installer to create a DNS record for during setup. The suggestion given is |
|Domain||The domain name where you wish to host your Wazuh instance. The installer creates a DNS record for this domain during setup if you provide this field along with your |
|The limited sudo user to be created for the Linode||This is the limited user account to be created for the Linode. This account has sudo user privileges.|
|The password for the limited sudo user||Set a password for the limited sudo user. The password must meet the complexity strength validation requirements for a strong password. This password can be used to perform any action on your server, similar to root, so make it long, complex, and unique.|
|The SSH Public Key that will be used to access the Linode||If you wish to access SSH via Public Key (recommended) rather than by password, enter the public key here.|
|Disable root access over SSH?||Select |
For advice on filling out the remaining options on the Create a Linode form, see Getting Started > Create a Linode. That said, some options may be limited or recommended based on this Marketplace App:
- Supported distributions: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
- Recommended plan: All plan types and sizes can be used, though a minimum of a 8GB Instance is recommended for production.
Getting Started After Deployment
Accessing the Wazuh App
To access your Wazuh instance, Open a browser and navigate to the domain you created in the beginning of your deployment or your Linode rDNS domain
https://li1234-555.members.linode.com with your Linode’s RDNS domain.
From there, you’ll be presented with a login screen, the username will be ‘admin’ and the default password will be ‘admin’. Once you login to your Wazuh instance, you will want to reset the admin password by click the icon on the top right of the dashboard as shown in the image below:
Now that you’ve accessed your Wazuh instance, you will need to configure a Wazuh Agent on the server you’d like to monitor with Wazuh.
For more documentation on Wazuh, check out the official Wazuh documentation to learn how to further utilize your instance.
The Wazuh App was built by Linode. For support regarding app deployment, contact Linode Support via the information listed in the sidebar. For support regarding the tool or software itself, join the Wazuh Slack Community.