Current Version: 1.0
User Outreach and Promotions Program
Last Updated: 25 March 2021
Effective Date: 25 March 2021
The purpose of this User Outreach and Promotions Program policy (“Policy”) is to inform you about your responsibilities should you choose to redeem any Linode promotional credit.
By redeeming or continuing to redeem any Linode promotional credit, you accept and consent to the rights, obligations, and practices described in this Policy:
- Applicability. This Policy applies to any person that is eligible to redeem Linode promotional credit consistent with this Policy. This Policy forms a part of the Linode Terms of Service and is a Supplemental Use Policy thereunder. All capitalized terms not expressly defined in this Policy shall have the meaning found in the Master Services Agreement.
- Availability. Linode reserves the right to modify or cancel any promotional credit at any time. If promotional credit was made available to you by a third party, Linode and the third party also reserves the right to modify or cancel the promotional offer at any time. Linode promotional credits are non-transferable and may not be resold.
- User Eligibility. Unless a Linode offer specifically states otherwise in writing, Linode promotional credit may only be redeemed if you are not a Linode customer and have not previously deemed ineligible for the services by Linode.
- Qualifying Services. Linode promotional credit may only be redeemed for a maximum of ten (10) combined instances of the following unmanaged Linode services: Backups, Block Storage, Dedicated Cloud Compute, DNS Manager, High Memory Cloud Compute, NodeBalancers, Object Storage, and Shared Cloud Compute. Use of any Linode service is subject to the Linode Terms of Service.
- Taxes. Linode promotional credit cannot be redeemed for payment of any taxes associated with your use of Linode services. You will be responsible for the payment of any sales, use, value-added, consumption, and other applicable taxes and duties imposed on your use of Linode services.
- Limitations. Offers for Linode services and promotional credit are available while supplies last. Each person and/or account may only redeem a Linode promotional offer or promotional credit once. A Linode promotional credit may not be combined with any other Linode promotional offer or promotional credit.
- Termination. If you violate any of the terms of this Policy or the Linode Terms of Service, you agree that the corresponding promotional offer shall be deemed invalid and that all applicable promotional credit shall be deemed cancelled without reimbursement or compensation. In the event of termination, you will be responsible for payment of any Linode services used by you in accordance with the Linode Terms of Service.