Current Version: 1.0
Last Updated: 01 April 2020
Effective Date: 01 April 2020
Linode welcomes content creators interested in contributing to Linode’s extensive collection of guides, tutorials, and other developer-focused documentation (“Content”) via the Write For Linode program (the “Program”). The purpose of this Write For Linode Program Policy (“Policy”) is to inform you on how you may qualify and participate in the Program.
By submitting or continuing to submit any Content, you accept and consent to the rights, obligations, and practices described in this Policy:
- Applicability. This Policy applies to you and your Representatives (collectively “Contributor”) with respect to (i) any Content submitted by Contributor to Linode and (ii) sets forth the procedures, qualifications, and limitations for Contributor’s eligibility and participation in the Program. This Policy is subject to the Provider Terms, including without limitation the Master Provider Agreement, and is a Supplemental Program Policy thereunder. All capitalized terms not expressly defined in this Policy shall have the meaning found in the Master Provider Agreement.
- Program Eligibility. Anyone interested in becoming a Contributor is required to (i) complete the Contributor application process here, (ii) receive Program participation approval from an authorized Linode representative, and (iii) not revoke or rescind Contributor's agreement to any provision of the MPA or this Policy.
- Projects. Linode, at Linode’s sole and absolute discretion, may make certain writing opportunities available to Contributors (each a “Project”), as described in supplemental Project addenda (each a “Project Addenda”) distributed by Linode, if ever. Project Addenda may only be issued by authorized Linode representatives to Contributors in good standing, and shall detail Project specific benefits, requirements, obligations, and privileges.
- Contributor Responsibilities.
- All Intellectual Property Rights arising from or related to Content submitted (“Submitted Content”) by Contributor shall be exclusively and indivisibly owned by Contributor at the time of submission.
- Contributor shall permit Linode a period of thirty (30) days to review the Submitted Content (the “Review Period”), and during the Review Period, shall not submit the Submitted Content to any party not affiliated with Linode.
- In the event Contributor and Linode mutually agree to Linode’s use and/or purchase of Submitted Content, if ever, Contributor shall immediately and irrevocably transfer all Intellectual Property Rights arising from or related to Submitted Content to Linode at the time of submission, and execute any additional agreements necessary to effectuate such transfer upon Linode’s request.
- Contributor shall supply Linode with any documentation reasonably necessary for Contributor’s participation in the Program.
- Benefits and Compensation. Contributor acknowledges and agrees that Contributor’s selection by Linode to the Program represents good and valid consideration for the subject matter herein and that Contributors shall not demand or be entitled to any other form of compensation. Linode, at Linode’s sole and absolute discretion, may offer Project specific benefits, including monetary compensation, in a Project Addenda.
- Collaboration. Contributor and Linode (each a “Promoter”) shall each be permitted to display, integrate, or otherwise incorporate the other Party’s image, likeness, name, logo, or other identifying information on Promoter’s website, subject to each Party’s written recission of this privilege.
- Termination. Contributor’s participation in the Program and any Project Addenda hereunder may be terminated and made null, void, and have no effect by either Party at any time upon prior written notice.
- Remedies. This Policy provides Contributor’s sole and exclusive remedy for any dispute or loss arising from Contributor’s participation in the Program and all Projects therein.
- Amendment. This Policy is attached to amends the Provider Terms solely with respect to the subject matter herein. In the event of any conflict of terms between (i) this Policy and (ii) the MPA and/or any mutually executed SPP or Project Addenda, this Policy shall be deemed controlling and prevailing without exception.
- Changes. Modifications to this Policy may be made at any time and you should check back frequently for any changes. Linode shall have the right and ability to amend this Policy at Linode's sole and absolute discretion, and any amendments herein shall be effective within fourteen (14) days of being posted by Linode.