Become a Linode Rise Member
Grow your startup with powerful and easy-to-use cloud infrastructure, cut your monthly cloud bills in half, plus these and other benefits.
Qualify immediately for $500 in cloud infrastructure and earn up to $120,000 during your first year.
Process to Become a Linode Rise Member
Linode Rise Membership Qualifications:
- Current business has not previously been a part of the Linode Rise Startup Program.
- Your business is established, is less than seven years old, has a company website, and corporate email.
- Your plans include Linode as one of the primary providers of your infrastructure.
- If you are an existing Linode customer, you must plan on expanding workloads on Linode to qualify for Linode Rise.
Startup Success Stories
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Rise?
Rise provides a great opportunity for an early-stage company to build and scale in the cloud. From your first test user to your millionth customer, receive infrastructure credits that you can use on affordable cloud infrastructure products, including virtual machines, GPU instances, and cloud storage.
Who is eligible for Rise? How do you determine who is eligible?
- You must be an early-stage company that is less than seven years old.
- Revenue and company size are factors. We are looking for at least one of the following: paid employees outside of founders; active users that are non-friends/family/investors; generating initial revenue.
- Defined plan on how you will scale your infrastructure as the company grows.
- Plans include Akamai as one of the primary providers of your infrastructure.
I am an existing customer. Do I qualify for Rise?
Sorry. Existing customers are not eligible for Rise. If you are an existing customer, you can fill out our Contact Sales form, and we can discuss any other potential programs with you.
What happens if I go over the monthly credit?
Glad you asked. If you exceed the monthly credit limit, we will charge you for the additional usage for that month.
Do I need to have a Linode account to sign up for Rise?
Yes. Before applying for Rise, you must create a new account for your startup with 1) the corporate email address associated with your company domain and 2) a valid credit card. For security reasons, applicants must include a working website and a matching corporate email address using a domain aligned with the corporate entity's web property. Please also make sure the account gets designated as a commercial account via having a corporate entity in the Company field.
Will there be any help with migrating my workload from other cloud providers?
Yes! We can help you with migration plans and offer our technical assistance to make the transition smooth and easy for you and your customers.
What types of companies are a good fit for Rise?
We welcome all startups, but since you asked, we prioritize SaaS, media, and gaming startups. Managed hosting providers, MSPs, system integrators, and other resellers are not eligible. If you are a reseller, please navigate to our Partner page for the application, and they can work with you on your eligibility.
What happens to my credits after the first year?
First-year credits and unused credits do not roll over month to month or subsequent years. Rise is a three-year program with discounts offered in years two and three.
Are there any other limitations on how I use the Rise credits?
Yes. We exclude bandwidth overages from your Rise credits.
Are there any other benefits besides free credits?
Wait. There’s more! We provide a dedicated account manager, access to our Customer Success team, and our Solutions Engineering team free of charge! Our Support Engineers are complementary and available 24/7/365.
Apply to the Rise Startup Program
Receive between $500 and $120,000 in cloud credits during your first year in Rise.
Fields marked with * are required.
You can also email your request to email@example.com or see if the application works for you by clicking here.