Free open source clientless remote desktop gateway.
Access your desktop from any device with a browser to keep your desktop hosted in the cloud. Apache Guacamole™ gives you flexible access to remote computers– no software or plugins required to make more of your operating systems available in the cloud. Use the robust API to integrate Guacamole with your current infrastructure and workloads.
You can configure your Guacamole App by providing values for the following fields:
|The limited sudo/VNC user to be created for the Linode||The VNC username created for this Linode with sudo permissions. This is used for your VNC session. Required.|
|The password for the limited sudo/VNC user||Password for your sudo/VNC user. This is used for your VNC session. Required.|
|The username to be used with Guacamole||Your Guacamole Username. This is used to log in to Guacamole. Required.|
|The password to be used with Guacamole||Your Guacamole Password. This is used to log in to Guacamole. Required|
|Your Linode API Token||Your Linode |
|Subdomain||The subdomain you wish the installer to create a DNS record for during setup. The suggestion given is |
|Domain||The domain name where you wish to host your Guacamole server. The installer creates a DNS record for this domain during setup if you provide this field along with the required |
|Admin Email||The email address to register with Certbot when generating an SSL certificate for your absolute domain. This field is required along with your |
Your Guacamole App will complete installation anywhere between 2-5 minutes after your Linode has finished provisioning.
Getting Started after Deployment
Access Your Guacamole App
Access your Guacamole App
After Guacamole has finished installing, access the dashboard over
https:// with your Linode’s IPv4 address or absolute domain name, depending on your setup choices.
- If you set up a domain name for your Guacamole App during setup, skip to step 3.
- If you didn’t set up a domain name, find your Linode’s IPv4 address by clicking on Linodes in the Cloud Manager sidebar to see a list of all your Linodes. Find the Linode you just created. Under the IP Address column, copy the IPv4 address.
- Enter your Linode’s absolute domain or IPv4 address into a browser window (for example,
http://192.0.2.0) to access the Guacamole login page. Enter your Guacamole username and password.
- Once you’ve completed the login process, you have full access to your Linode from your Guacamole remote desktop using VNC and the XFCE desktop environment.
- Additional tasks can be performed remotely through your web browser. For example, you can install the Firefox web browser for use with your Guacamole remote desktop by entering the following command in its Terminal Emulator:
sudo apt install firefox-esr
When prompted, enter the password you chose for the limited sudo/VNC user. You can now browse the web on your Guacamole browser from within your local browser.
Currently, Linode does not manage software and systems updates for Marketplace Apps. It is up to the user to perform routine maintenance on software deployed in this fashion.
The Guacamole One-Click App was built by Linode. For support regarding app deployment, contact Linode Support via the information listed in the sidebar. For support regarding the tool or software itself, visit Apache Help/Support resources.