Build PHP-based applications with this essential software stack.
Get easy access to one of the most popular web service stacks: the Linux operating system, the Apache web Server, MySQL relational database management system, and the PHP programming language. The LAMP stack is the foundational stack for open source PHP frameworks like WordPress, Drupal, and Laravel.. The components of the stack itself are tried and true in their stability and power to deliver modern web applications on an advanced ecosystem.
Start building on a core development stack even faster with Linode’s LAMP Stack One-Click App.
|Apache HTTP Server||Web server that can be used to serve your site or web application.|
|MySQL Server v10.1.44||Relational database.|
|General purpose programming language.|
|Firewall utility. Ports 22/tcp, 80/tcp, and 443/tcp for IPv4 and IPv6 will allow outgoing and incoming traffic.|
LAMP Stack Options
|MySQL Root Password||The root password for your LAMP stack’s MySQL database. This is not the same as your Linode’s root password. Required.|
Getting Started After Deployment
After your LAMP stack has finished deploying, you can:
- Connect to your Linode via SSH. You will need your Linode’s root password to proceed. Note that your Linode’s web root will be located in the
- Navigate to the public IP address of your Linode in a browser. You will see the PHP settings that are active for your Linode.
- Consult the following guides to learn more about working with the various components of the LAMP stack:
- Upload files to your web root directory with an SFTP application like FileZilla. Use the same root credentials that you would use for SSH.
- Assign a domain name to your Linode’s IP address. Review the DNS Manager guide for instructions on setting up your DNS records in the Cloud Manager, and read through DNS Records: An Introduction for general information about how DNS works.
This One-Click App was built by Linode. For support regarding app deployment, contact Linode Support via the information listed in the sidebar.