Relational database for unstructured data.
Superinsight DB is a Relational Database for Unstructured Data, its main purpose is to provide a simple SQL interface to store and search unstructured data. Superinsight is build on top of PostgreSQL so you can take advantage of everything in PostgreSQL plus the ability to run machine learning operations using SQL statements.
Deploying a Marketplace App
The Linode Marketplace allows you to easily deploy software on a Compute Instance using the Cloud Manager. See Get Started with Marketplace Apps for complete steps.
- Log in to the Cloud Manager and select the Marketplace link from the left navigation menu. This displays the Linode Create page with the Marketplace tab pre-selected.
- Under the Select App section, select the app you would like to deploy.
- Complete the form by following the steps and advice within the Creating a Compute Instance guide. Depending on the Marketplace App you selected, there may be additional configuration options available. See the Configuration Options section below for compatible distributions, recommended plans, and any additional configuration options available for this Marketplace App.
- Click the Create Linode button. Once the Compute Instance has been provisioned and has fully powered on, wait for the software installation to complete. If the instance is powered off or restarted before this time, the software installation will likely fail.
- To verify that the app has been fully installed, see Get Started with Marketplace Apps > Verify Installation. Once installed, follow the instructions within the Getting Started After Deployment section to access the application and start using it.
Estimated deployment time: Superinsight DB should be fully installed within 5-10 minutes after the Compute Instance has finished provisioning.
- Supported distributions: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
- Recommended minimum plan: All plan types and sizes can be used.
Getting Started After Deployment
- Log into your new Compute Instance through LISH or SSH using the root user and the password you entered when creating the instance.
- If you log in on the same day you deployed the app, a message is displayed with the username and password for the new database as well as an example database connection string.
Superinsight created the user admin with password: 1d892e9d3584a39471b76121 You can can connect using a database client with the following connection string postgres://admin:firstname.lastname@example.org:5432/superinsight For complete source code and information, visit: https://github.com/superinsight/superinsight-db
If you don’t see this message, you can output it using the command below:
3. You can now connect to the database using any client that supports the PostgreSQL protocol. You can use the example connection string provided in the last step, which should be similar to the following:
For more information regarding connecting to the database and adding data, see the Superinsight Quickstart Guide.
The Superinsight Marketplace app was built for Linode by Superinsight. For support regarding app deployment, contact Linode Support. For support regarding the tool or software itself, use the information in the sidebar to contact their support or search their documentation.