Automate your infrastructure by delegating jobs and tasks to Jenkins.
Build, test, and deploy with an open source automation tool built to lessen your workload. Set up your continuous integration pipeline with Jenkins to ensure continuous delivery for your applications. Choose from hundreds of plugins to help automate jobs including data importing and exporting, and scheduling builds.
Set up your Jenkins server even faster by using the Jenkins One-Click App on Linode.
Getting Started after Deployment
After deploying your Jenkins instance, you are ready to log in and continue the configuration process. Follow the steps in the next section to get started.
Access Your Jenkins Instance
- Connect to your Linode via SSH.
- Retrieve your Jenkins admin password by viewing the contents of the
cat /var/lib/jenkins/secrets/initialAdminPasswordYou should see a similar output
- Open a browser and navigate to
192.0.2.0with your Linode’s IP address. This will bring you the Unlock Jenkins page. Enter the password you retrieved in the previous step and click continue.
4. You are now ready to continue to configure Jenkins by installing the community suggested plugins or manually selecting plugins to install. Select the option you prefer.
5. After you have installed the desired plugins, you will be prompted to create your first admin user. Since the login password retrieved in the beginning of this section is temporary, you should create your admin user now.
You may wish to consult the following resources for additional information on this topic. While these are provided in the hope that they will be useful, please note that we cannot vouch for the accuracy or timeliness of externally hosted materials.
The Jenkins One-Click App was built by Linode. For support regarding app deployment, contact Linode Support via the information listed in the sidebar. For support regarding the tool or software itself, visit Jenkins Community.