KellyAnn Fitzpatrick of RedMonk and Andy Stevens (Technical Content Manager, Linode) discuss the importance of documentation to cloud providers (especially alternative cloud providers like Linode). Also covered: the tools Linode uses for its docs-as-code approach to documentation; how to avoid docs sprawl; and tips for creating a better documentation experience.
This was a RedMonk video.
• Linode Docs: https://www.linode.com/docs/
• Linode Docs on GH: https://github.com/linode/docs
• Write for Linode: https://www.linode.com/lp/write-for-linode/
• Docs as Code at Linode: https://www.linode.com/blog/linode/docs-as-code-at-linode/
• Hugo: https://gohugo.io/
• GitHub Actions: https://docs.github.com/en/actions
• Vale: https://github.com/errata-ai/vale
• Andy’s favorite poem: https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/47734/lying-in-a-hammock-at-william-duffys-farm-in-pine-island-minnesota