Techstrong PulseMeter: Cloud Workload Portability
Techstrong Research polled its community of DevOps and cloud-native readers and viewers to take their pulse on workload portability. Respondents indicated the top three drivers for workload portability are business continuity/disaster recovery (31%), cost savings (30%), and resilience (27%). Other survey questions included:
- Do you expect to move workloads between cloud providers?
- Why do you need workload portability?
- Do you plan to move workloads back and forth between providers or is it a one-way effort?
- What approaches do you take in application architecture to facilitate portability?
- Rank the biggest challenges you face in moving workloads?
- Do you agree with the following statements about data migration costs?