Simple low-code platform for Kubernetes developers and operators.
gopaddle is a low-code Internal Developer Plaform (IDP) for Kubernetes developers and operators. It provides a self-service portal through which developers can scaffold code to containers, auto-generate YAML files, build Docker images, deploy applications on to Kubernetes and manage the application life cycle centrally.
Deploying a Marketplace App
The Linode Marketplace allows you to easily deploy software on a Compute Instance using the Cloud Manager. See Get Started with Marketplace Apps for complete steps.
- Log in to the Cloud Manager and select the Marketplace link from the left navigation menu. This displays the Linode Create page with the Marketplace tab pre-selected.
- Under the Select App section, select the app you would like to deploy.
- Complete the form by following the steps and advice within the Creating a Compute Instance guide. Depending on the Marketplace App you selected, there may be additional configuration options available. See the Configuration Options section below for compatible distributions, recommended plans, and any additional configuration options available for this Marketplace App.
- Click the Create Linode button. Once the Compute Instance has been provisioned and has fully powered on, wait for the software installation to complete. If the instance is powered off or restarted before this time, the software installation will likely fail.
- To verify that the app has been fully installed, see Get Started with Marketplace Apps > Verify Installation. Once installed, follow the instructions within the Getting Started After Deployment section to access the application and start using it.
Estimated deployment time: gopaddle should be fully installed within 15-20 minutes after the Compute Instance has finished provisioning.
- Supported distributions: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
- Recommended minimum plan: A minimum plan size of 8GB Shared CPU Linode is recommended for gopaddle.
Getting Started After Deployment
- Log into your new Compute Instance through LISH or SSH using the root user and the password you entered when creating the instance.
- Review the installation log.
tail -f /var/log/stackscript.log
- When the installation is complete, the following message is displayed in that log file. This line includes the URL to your gopaddle dashboard.
gopaddle-lite installation is complete ! You can now access the gopaddle dashboard @ http://192-0-2-110.ip.linodeusercontent.com:30003/
4. Open your web browser and navigate to the URL provided in the last step. This should be
http://[ip-address]:30003/, where [ip-address] can be replaced with your Compute Instance’s IPv4 address or rDNS domain (such as
192-0-2-1.ip.linodeusercontent.com). See the Managing IP Addresses guide for information on viewing IP addresses and rDNS.
5. Provided the installation has finished, this URL should display the gopaddle Evaluation Agreement page. Review the evaluation agreement and subscribe to the lite edition.
Containerize and Deploy
Once the subscription is complete, you can login to the gopaddle console, using your email ID and the initial password.
In the main dashboard, the Containerize and Deploy Quickstart wizard helps to onboard a Source Code project from GitHub using the GitHub personal access token, build and push the generated container image to the Docker Registry. Once the build completes, gopaddle generates the necessary YAML files and deploys the docker image to the local microk8s cluster.
In the final step of the Containerize and Deploy Quickstart wizard, enable the option to Disable TLS verification.
All the artifacts generated during the process can be edited and re-deployed at a later stage.
Application Templates – Marketplace
Under Templates, the Marketplace Applications hosts a variety of pre-built Kubernetes templates. Developers can subscribe to these templates and deploy them on the local microk8s cluster.
For more information on gopaddle configurations, please see the documentation.\
The gopaddle Marketplace app was built for Linode by gopaddle. For support regarding app deployment, contact Linode Support. For support regarding the tool or software itself, use the information in the sidebar or browse their community forum.